The Marlow Repair Café is an opportunity for people to learn how to fix their own items, rather than throwing them away. This can range from electronics to furniture, or from jewellery to bikes. The Repair Café Foundation website has more details on what it is and the history of the movement.
Where? In the large downstairs Christ Church URC hall, 18 Oxford Road, Marlow, SL7 2NL. There is limited car parking on site, but several car parks nearby and a bus stop (bus 800/850) just at the corner with West St. Find it on the map.
When? On the first Saturday of the month (except in January and with a break in December), from 10 am until 1 pm. The dates for 2021 are:
- 9th January **CANCELLED**
- 6th February **CANCELLED**
- 6th March **CANCELLED**
- 3rd April **CANCELLED**
- 1st May **RELOCATED** to Newfield Place at Foxes Piece School, running with COVID-secure guidelines
- 5th June
- 3rd July
- 7th August **CANCELLED** (summer holidays)
- 4th September
- 2nd October
- 6th November
- 4th December
Frequently asked questions
How does it work?
- Come to the Repair Café with your broken item(s).
- Have a look at our House Rules.
- Talk to one of the volunteers about the item that you want to repair. If they are all busy, see #4.
- Help yourself to tea or coffee while you wait.
- One of our volunteer repairers will help you diagnose and (hopefully) repair your item.
- A voluntary donation is greatly appreciated. This helps us to keep the Repair Café going and growing.
What skills do your volunteers have?
Can you repair (insert your item here)?
We don’t know, but if you bring it to the Repair Café, we will have a look at it!
I am inspired! How do I start my own Repair Café?
Getting in touch
Have you got thoughts, ideas, comments or suggestions? Are you good at repairing things? Do you have unique tools that could be of use? We’d love to hear from you, either via our contacts page or via the Marlow Repair Cafe Facebook page. That page is also a good way to show your support and spread the word.
Please consider supporting the work of the Marlow Repair Café.
The first Marlow Repair Café
TTM organised the first Marlow Repair Café at the Marlow Market as part of the Love Marlow Festival on